The Lady Blogger

I Think I'm Charming, You Should Too

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Prom Is the New Kardashian Wedding

If you're as well-versed in MTV shows targeted at a high school audience as I am, you are familiar with the relatively new phenomena of the Prom Proposal. I personally wasn't asked to my own senior prom (shocker, I know), but if I was I imagine it would have probably taken place in the school parking lot the day before in an absolute last resort situation. It certainly would NOT have involved an elaborate set-up with flowers, original songs, and billboards with the simple question "Prom?"

The kids these days have taken the prom proposal to an entirely new level with their lights and balloons and their scaling of high school buildings and such.
 




Now I'm no Sonali Rodrigues, but I think I deserve a little prom redemption. Good thing I have the 7th and Final 80's Prom to look forward to this month. The next two weeks will be filled with Goodwill shopping, hair teasing trial runs, and sitting at home desperately hoping that a basket full of tiny baby rabbits shows up on my doorstep with a sign that says "SomeBUNNY wants to go to Prom with you".

See you there dudes and dudettes!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, so ridiculous! Haha, this post made me laugh and smile. Also, I love the header for your blog, it's adorable!

    :) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete